Please read the following affiliate terms and conditions carefully before you join our program or begin marketing our products. These terms and conditions are written in plain language intentionally avoiding legal speak to ensure that our affiliate members can clearly understand and follow these guidelines. Each affiliate is responsible for assuring that its employees, agents, and contractors comply with these terms and conditions.
Marcus Garvey Cubs publishes original audio stories for children.
As used in these terms and conditions: (i) “we”, “us”, or “our” refers to Marcus Garvey Cubs, our website, and any brand partners that we represent; (ii) “you” or “your” refers to the affiliate; (iii) “our website” refers to the Marcus Garvey Cubs properties located at www.marcusgarveycubs.com and any apps or other digital products produced by Marcus Garvey Cubs; (iv) “your website” refers to any websites that you will link to our website; (v) “program” refers to the Marcus Garvey Cubs Affiliate Program.
HOW TO BECOME AN AFFILIATE PARTNER WITH MARCUS GARVEY CUBS
- Read the Affiliate Program page to understand the scope of products and services being offered.
- Review the Marcus Garvey Cubs Affiliate Program Terms and Conditions.
- Sign up for one of our affiliate programs through the Affiliate Program page.
Applications are automatically approved upon registration, however the Marcus Garvey Cubs team reserves the right to remove affiliate partners at any time. Once you register as an affiliate partner, you will have access to our affiliate links for use on your approved website(s).
Your participating website(s) may not:
- Infringe on our or any anyone else’s intellectual property, publicity, privacy, or other rights.
- Violate any law, rule, or regulation.
- Contain any content that is threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, harmful to minors, or contains nudity, pornography, or sexually explicit or adult-related materials.
- Contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Contain software or use technology that attempts to intercept, divert, or redirect Internet traffic to or from any other website, or that potentially enables the diversion of affiliate commissions from another website.
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
Upon acceptance into the Marcus Garvey Cubs Affiliate Program, links will be made available to you through the affiliate interface. Your acceptance into our program means you agree to and abide by the following:
- You will only use linking code obtained from the affiliate interface without manipulation.
- All domains that use your affiliate link must be listed in your affiliate profile.
- Your website will not in any way copy, resemble, or mirror the look and feel of our website. You will also not use any means to create the impression that your website is our website or any part of our website including, without limitation, framing of our website in any manner.
- You may not engage in cookie stuffing or include pop-ups, false, or misleading links on your website. In addition, wherever possible, you will not attempt to mask the referring URL information (i.e. the page from where the click is originating).
- You may not use redirects to bounce a click off of a domain from which the click did not originate in order to give the appearance that it came from that domain.
- If you are found redirecting links to hide or manipulate their original source, your current and past commissions will be voided or your commission level will be set to 0%. This does not include using “out” redirects from the same domain where the affiliate link is placed.
PAY PER CLICK (PPC) GUIDELINES
If you are enrolled in our program and participate in PPC advertising, you must adhere to our PPC guidelines as follows:
- You may not bid on any of our trademarked terms (which are identified below), including any variations or misspellings thereof, for search or content-based campaigns on Google, MSN, Yahoo, or any other network.
- You may not bid on any of the trademarked terms of our brand partners, including any variations or misspellings thereof for search or content-based campaigns on Google, MSN, Yahoo, or any other network.
- You may not use our trademarked terms in sequence with any other keyword (i.e. Marcus Garvey Cubs Coupons, Marcus Garvey Cubs Offers, etc.).
- You may not use our trademarked terms in your ad title, ad copy, display name, or as the display URL.
- You may not direct link to our website from any PPC ad or use redirects that yield the same result. Affiliates must be directed to an actual page on your website.
- You may not bid in any manner appearing higher than Marcus Garvey Cubs for any search term in position 1–5 in any auction style PPC advertising program.
If you automate your PPC campaigns, it is your responsibility to exclude our trademarked terms from your program. We strongly suggest you add our trademarked terms as negative keywords to your PPC campaigns. We have a strict no-tolerance policy on PPC trademark bidding. You will forfeit all commissions for a minimum of the past 30 days, your commission will be set to 0% without warning, and you may be removed from our affiliate program if you engage in PPC trademark bidding that uses our trademarked terms or violates our PPC bidding guidelines.
Trademarked Terms: Marcus Garvey Cubs
Use of any of our trademarked terms as part of the domain or sub-domain for your website, i.e. marcusgarveycubs.website.com or www.marcusgarveycubs-coupons.com, is strictly prohibited and is grounds for removal from the program.
ADVERTISING & PUBLICITY
You shall not create, publish, distribute, or print any written material that makes reference to our program without first submitting that material to us and receiving our prior written consent. If you intend to promote our program via email campaigns, you must adhere to the following:
- Abide by the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Public Law No. 108-187) with respect to our program.
- Emails must be sent on your behalf and must not imply that the email is being sent on behalf of Marcus Garvey Cubs.
- Emails must first be submitted to us for approval prior to being sent, or we must be sent a copy of the email.
Any web content or design elements (graphics, banners, etc.) created for the Marcus Garvey Cubs brand or products by an affiliate partner that are not specifically provided or previously published by Marcus Garvey Cubs must be approved in advance of being published on your website.
Promotion on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms is permitted, following these general guidelines:
- You ARE ALLOWED to promote offers to your own lists; more specifically, you’re welcome to use your affiliate links on your own Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages. For example, you may post, “25% off sale at Marcus Garvey Cubs through Wednesday with code COUPON25.”
- You ARE PROHIBITED from posting your affiliate links on Marcus Garvey Cubs’ Facebook, Twitter, etc. company pages in an attempt to turn those links into affiliate sales.
OPERATIONS OUTSIDE UNITED STATES
If you are conducting business in or taking orders from other countries, you will follow the laws of those countries. For example, you will comply with the European Union’s Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive if you are conducting business in or taking orders from one or more of the European Union countries.
REVERSAL & COMMUNICATION POLICY
Marcus Garvey Cubs takes pride in its very low reversal rate, which we attribute to open communication with our affiliates. However, we reserve the right to reverse orders due to order cancellations, duplicate tracking, returns, disputed charges, and program violations as outlined in these terms and conditions.
Additionally, if we ask you for clarification or more information on any orders or clicks that we suspect may be in violation of our terms and conditions, we expect that you will respond in a timely and honest manner. Below are violations of our communications policy.
- You are not forthcoming, you are intentionally vague, or you are found to be lying.
- You are not responsive within a reasonable time period and after multiple attempts to make contact using the information listed in your network profile.
- You cannot substantiate or validate the source of your traffic to our program with clear and demonstrable proof.
If any of the above apply, then we reserve the absolute right to suspend you from the program, reverse orders, modify affiliate payouts, set your commission to 0%, or immediately terminate your participation in our affiliate program. We know that many violations are a result of automated processes; however, it is incumbent upon each affiliate to ensure that it has the appropriate checks and balances in place to pro-actively address these issues and adhere to our program rules.
FTC DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS
You shall include a disclosure statement within any and all pages/posts where affiliate links for our affiliate program are posted as an endorsement or review, and where it is not clear that the link is a paid advertisement. This disclosure statement should be clear and concise, stating that we are compensating you for your review or endorsement. If you received the product for free from us or from the affiliate management team for review, this also must be clearly stated in your disclosure.
PROHIBITION AGAINST SOLICITATION FOR RESIDENT AFFILIATES IN SELECT STATES
As a condition of its participation in the Marcus Garvey Cubs Affiliate Program, affiliate agrees that its solicitation activities on behalf of Marcus Garvey Cubs within Connecticut, Illinois, Tennessee, and New York (hereinafter “these states”) shall be limited to only providing a link on affiliate’s website to Marcus Garvey Cubs’ own website. Affiliate acknowledges that under current law in these states, further solicitation and promotional activities may render Marcus Garvey Cubs liable for collecting sales tax on all sales to customers in these states.
Therefore, as a condition of participation in the Marcus Garvey Cubs Affiliate Program, affiliate is prohibited from engaging in any solicitation activities in these states intended to refer potential customers to Marcus Garvey Cubs, including, but not limited to:
(i) distributing flyers, coupons, newsletters, and other printed materials, or electronic equivalents of such materials
(ii) engaging in verbal solicitation, including in-person referrals or initiating telephone calls
(iii) sending emails intended to refer customers to Marcus Garvey Cubs
Proof of compliance must be sent to Marcus Garvey Cubs on an annual basis (by May 31 of each year), or affiliate may be removed from the program. Affiliate further acknowledges that state tax laws are subject to change at any time and such changes may render affiliates in certain states ineligible for continued participation in Marcus Garvey Cubs’ Affiliate Program. Marcus Garvey Cubs reserves the right to remove any affiliate from the Marcus Garvey Cubs Affiliate Program at any time and for any reason.
The preceding paragraphs only applies to affiliates that constitute organizations, clubs, and nonprofit groups. Affiliate shall maintain prominently on its website information alerting its members to the prohibition against solicitation activities in these states as described above.